We decided to get the biggest of our spare room done first, so that we could move into it when we renovate our bedroom.
It’s been over a month since I lasted blogged, time flies! We were about to start insulating and plastering the bedrooms upstairs one by one, and then doing the floors – much like what we did in the living room. But no! Two major things happened.
Got wood? We certainly have! We were lucky enough to find an old wood burner buried in the depths of my Dad’s shed, which him and mum kindly donated to us. I spent an afternoon cleaning, sanding and spray painting it, and now it is nearly good as new! Massive thanks to Adam for helping us put it in.
After we had the damp proofing done we had some serious clearing up to do!
To the side of our house is a strange little building. It’s a bit church like because of the shape of the door. It has completely baffled us really as to what it was for – we know it may have been for storage but why the beautiful building?
We’ve been thinking that we really should get some grass seed laid down before its too late this year… We don’t want to be BBQ’ing in mud like we have this year, its like constantly going outside into Reading Festival… which to be fair normally I wouldn’t mind but I don’t tend to be constantly drunk and in wellies at home like I would be at Reading so the novelty has definitely warn off!
When we first moved in, the front garden was quite a state! Very long grass, a laurel tree that had had it’s own way for 20 odd years and a broken brick wall.
Honestly I did.
Here are some thoughts on saving where you can…
I was just thinking about how crazily expensive renovating a house can be, and so I thought I would try and rack my brains for things we have done to help us avoid unnecessary spending.
Beginning to remove the chimney in the dining room…